- Open Outlook Express
- Click on Tools
- Click on Accounts
- Click on the Mail tab
- Click on the account name
- Click on Properties
- Click on the Servers tab
- Insert the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP Server). This should be set to SMTP server of your ISP ( example: mail.bellsouth.com but you'll have to check with the ISP to make sure)
- Then down under "Out Going Mail Server" put a check in the box ( if it's not there already )
- Click the "Settings" button next to it
- In "Logon Information" check the " Log on Using" radio button and put your ISP user name and password in the fields available.
- Put a check in "Remember my password"
- Click OK
- Click OK again ( on the remaining open window )
- Then close the remaining window ( if it allows you to click ok or apply do that first )
That should do it. If you still can't send let us know.
- Open the Outlook 2003 mail client program.
- Select the Tools menu and then E-mail Accounts.
- Select "View or change existing e-mail accounts" and then click Next.
- Under "Server Information" in the Outgoing mail server field put your ISPs SMTP server
- Click 'More Settings...,' and then click the 'Outgoing Server' tab.
- Check the box next to 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication,' and select "Log on using" then enter your User Name and Password for your ISP account. Click "Ok"
- Click 'Test Account Settings...' After receiving 'Congratulations! All tests completed successfully,' click 'Close.'
- Click 'Next,' and then click 'Finish.'