Once your account has been activated, you can begin immediately to start setting up shop.
You will login to http://yoursite.com/storeadmin (changing yoursite.com to what it really is! or if you are coming to us from another host, it may be a numeric IP address, see your welcome email if that is the case). Until you change the password (and please do!) the username is always admin, and the password default is 12345.
If we ever tell you we're restoring to default, that's what it will be. If you have a template designer working with you, you can still set up your pages, categories and products. It might help to have a written outline of what you want to do with your site.
- Sign up for your Mal's account http://mals-e.com, remember the user ID and server number for the next step
- Go to the store admin (yoursite.com/storeadmin) and then Catalog Setup - put the USER ID in the Mals Ecart ID slot; the server number (ie ww11) in the Mals Eserver slot
- Set up the Categories and Sub-Categories.
- Next, add the Products/Items to these Categories, Sub-Categories.
- Add Pages - in the Pages menu you can activate and deactivate Pages, and add your own. Some people like to have a Shipping/Returns policy here. Your 'home page' is found in the Pages menu as the index page. You can add your text here (in the content box), and images if you wish. You can also set the page to Show Products toward the bottom of the page.
- The Catalog Setup is where you will look if you want to adjust the Layout of your site. Add more options, add more images, and change other things.
- Go to Site Settings to see if the Admin Email is the email address you wish to be contacted by. This is the address that the contact us form will go to, as well as 'lost password' etc for the site.
There is a Help Icon on the right hand side of each page that you can refer to at any time.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution
Already have a similar web host and looking to move? Great!, we can transfer your website files for free! Learn More...
Merchant Moms is the perfect solution for anyone that wants a professional website but doesn't have all the technical knowledge to set it up. It took only 30 minutes to get my website up and running. I love it!